Friday, December 26, 2008

The day after Christmas

I sit is a quiet house. I can breath, listen to silence and allow myself to be washed in the memories of the past few days.

Our kids are home. Last year we drove through a horrific blizzard from our house to O’Hare airport and back arriving around 5 am to snow over the hubs. This year we went to the daughter’s new home in Iowa, enjoyed a quiet supper, Mass and Christmas Day present opening. Then, a trip to our home, Christmas supper, more presents and then today. Slower, enjoying the time together. Tonight the kids are at a college friend’s house, our son is at work, my wife is at work and my Grandpa duties completed – Emily fed and in bed, Addie the same and now it is quiet.

This is Christmas, this is family, these are the truly important things in life – faith, the love of a family and time to enjoy.

I pray you all had a loving and joy filled Christmas. Take time to carry that feeling into every day of the New Year.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: