Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A week! Really ?!?!?!

 

My lovely daughter has me as a favorite on her blog.  It tells me how remiss I have been in posting - kinda like a nagging parent in reverse.  (Is this the "child's curse"?:    "someday I'll nag you like you nagged me through school!!")  Heavy sigh.

A few thoughts on Thanksgiving.  There is much to be thankful for.  A wonderful wife, great daughter and son, great son-in-law that treats my daughter the way I always prayed her husband would, and, of course, grandkids!!  Miss Adeline and Miss Emilie provided much entertainment this past holiday.  Susie and I are truly blessed.

It's odd how holidays are forward looking - the anticipation of the meal, sitting and talking, wiping baby barf off your clothes - pumpkin pie - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - pumpkin pie!!  And then you blink and it's nearly a week later!  My mom always used to say: "Willie, when you get older, time will fly by!!"  I would listen and look at her through the eyes of a youth or teenager and say "sure ma" not believing a word.  I am sure she is laughing her butt off at me even as we speak.

So now the focus is on Christmas.  I pray that for just a few weeks I can remember the trick of slowing time, enjoying each and every moment and thanking God for his many gifts.

A little slower please, a little slower.

1 comment:

chrissyrudd said...

Yeah, time seemed to really stop when I was pregnant with Addie, and the second she was born I was in fast forward... until I was pregnant with Emily, and it seemed like it was forever! And now I'm back in fast forward! It's nice I don't need to hurry through the holidays this year though, because we are home and we don't have just a week to spend with everyone. It will be a "timeless" Christmas!